Hello, and welcome to Undiscovered Scotland, the ultimate online guide to Scotland. The site is a combination of visitor guide, accommodation listing and business directory, and aims to show you what the country is really like.
You can navigate the site using clickable maps like the one on this page or the drop down menus. There are other resources to help you, including the Alphabetical Index, the Site Index, the Accommodation Index, the Late Availability listings page, the Search boxes on most pages (usually below a clickable map), the Site Information section, the Links section, the What's On? and What's New? pages and Scotfax.
Accommodation can be accessed via the "Accommodation" menu at the top of many pages, including this one, or using the "See and Stay" menus at the top of many other pages.
Clickable Map of Scotland
Sandwood Bay is the most magnificent beach in the UK. Not far south of Cape Wrath, it offers nearly a mile and half of wide pinkish sand backed by sand dunes and a loch, and is flanked by cliffs and an impressive sea stack. It faces straight into the worst the North Atlantic can throw at it. Part of what keeps Sandwood Bay so very special is that no one gets here without effort. The nearest public road is over four miles away, and you walk the rest. ( More ...)
On This Day
30 March 1973: The death of Sir Douglas Douglas-Hamilton, 14th Duke of Hamilton and 11th Duke of Brandon, a pioneering aviator and the man who Deputy German Führer Rudolph Hess flew to Scotland to try to see in May 1941.
Today's header slides are of Blair Castle in Perthshire, the ancient seat of the Dukes and Earls of Atholl; and a view of the Forth Bridge, or Forth Rail Bridge, the eighth wonder of the world when built, and still magnificent.
Simply want to explore? Take a chance and visit a random feature page on Undiscovered Scotland.
- For cheap one night getaways or romantic lodges, try Hot Tub Hideaways in Scotland for a touch of luxury.
- Hebridean Princess Small ship luxury cruises throughout the Highlands and Islands.
- For Scottish trust deed information visit Scotlands Trust Deed and find out if you qualify for help.
- A real country house experience and wonderful food at Trigony House Hotel in Dumfries & Galloway.
- For over 1,800 personally inspected self catering cottages across the UK visit holidaycottages.co.uk
- For a great choice of holiday cottages across the UK visit Countrycottagesonline.com
- Search over 100 self catering holiday parks, barn conversions & lodges in Scotland on holidayparkhol.co.uk
- Apartments at Turnberry Luxury self-catering accommodation overlooking Ayrshire's beautiful coastline.
- For everything from one bedroom cottages to castles and large houses visit Mackaysholidays.com
- Visit Absolute Escapes for tailor-made travel planning and independent walking holidays in Scotland.
- Wedding, family and other photography in central Scotland and beyond by Carolyn Henry Photography.
- First Mortgage Scotland’s leading mortgage advisors, giving fee-free and impartial whole of market advice.
- Choose from a huge range of Sykes Scottish Cottages.